Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kindness to others is cruelity to myself

Yesterday some of our furniture finally arrived. As Viv have to work, I have to be the one to receive the delivery and do the inspection. As things goes, after my inspection I found that two of the drawers for the wardrobe was not in good conditions. The delivery guys try to pull a fast one on me by using a marker to color over the exposed areas of the drawers. Of course I did not accept that, but instead of being nasty, I (as per usual) just requested nicely for them to change the drawers. So I have the delivery guys take it back to be changed. After which I began cleaning the rest of the furniture. I was quite happy with myself. However, the happiness was short lived. When Viv arrived in the afternoon, she soon discover that the dinning table top have a crack! and two of the chairs are wobbly!!! I felt that I'm such a failure. So angry with myself why I did not do a thorough inspection before letting the delivery guys go? I am so angry with myself that I always like to take things easy and close one eyes or make it easy for others to take advantage of myself. If only I'm not so 'kind' to others and be more kiasu, than I would have save myself from all these troubles. That night, I went back to the new house to wait for the delivery guy to exchange the drawers. However, he did not come. While I was waiting in the house, my feeling is so messed up and unsettled. I know Viv did not blame me but I was so angry with myself. In the end, Viv get the delivery guy to arrange to come back on another day to exchange the table top and fix the chairs. Thank God for my understanding wife.

1 comment:

  1. Dear, pls dont reproach yourself anymore... you have done so much for the house liao!! for husband may just leave everything to the wife to settle!! I am so gald that you are doing all these 1st time!!

    ReplyDelete