Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I'm no handyman

When it comes to fixing anything (non computer related) in the house, I am usually the last person that people will look to for help. However, yesterday was a special occasion. I have to do it myself in order to get my new house to the way I want it, plus we want to save money by DIY instead of getting a plumber to fix the bath room taps. So we got the shower head, pipes, and those connector thingie. A few trips to the general store to get the tools I need, the spanner I have is too small for tightening the joints. In the end I have to make two trips, as I got the diameter wrong. The fans was fixed yesterday. As the electrician have to cut the corning in order to lay the cables, I have to get plaster to fix it back. All in all, I spent about $100+ to get the things I need and about 4 hours doing what I set out to do. I still did not get the pipes to work as I want. Still some more tinkering needed there. It sure was a tiring day for me. Thank God I'm no handyman, but it is all worth the hard work doing it for my own home.

1 comment:

  1. darling you did a good job, it may not be the perfect job by others standard but to me its priceless cos you step up & out to do something you not familar with!! I am so proud of you!! thank you for all the hard work you put in for the house!! love you

    ReplyDelete